Friday, April 2, 2010

Fockin' Ireland

So I recently went on a trip to Ireland and overall it was pretty awesome. Tiring, but awesome. I totally thought I was going to be stuffing my face with potatoes and beer, well I did do the beer, but not so much potatoes. I didn't know what exactly traditional Irish food was, so my dumbass automatically assumed potatoes, only because thats what many of the poor Irish families ate during the famine (I only know this because I read Angela's Ashes :-) ...

Anyways, although I didn't stuff my face with taters, I did enjoy many other cuisines ... From Indian to Italian ... Here are a few pics of the delicious encounters I had ...


Chicken and Champ (mashed taters) @ the Mermaid Cafe in Dublin
Spinach, Arugula, Roasted Peppers with Creamy Goat Cheese in Phyllo Dough (Sooo Good!)
Al Dente Ravioli stuffed with Ricotta and Spinach, topped with Pesto and Pine Nuts
Japanese food! Pretty damn good!
Fast Food Fish n' Chips (First time I tried it! Pretty tasty!)
Lovely Hot Cocoa at a local Cafe
The best small, white, rosemary potates I've had!
I think this was my Gnocchi with veggies, it was good!
Not my plate for that night, but if I liked steak I would've had it!
Didn't take a pic before the attack!
A semi-dark beer that I actually enjoyed :-)
Indian Food which I wouldn't have tried if it weren't for my sister's Sis in law, but I actually enjoyed it ... Thanks Patty!
I'd go back to Ireland just for these fresh and hearty blueberry muffins!

The End :-)






2 comments:

  1. This Post just made me super hongry! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, it makes me hungry just reminiscing about it!!

    ReplyDelete