Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas Verdes



http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/chicken-enchiladas-verdes-00000000039506/index.html?xid=dailyrecnews-11-07-2010

So these are one version of green enchiladas. The traditional Mexican way is different, but I love creamy sauces so my roomie and I wanted to try it. Got this recipe from Real Simple and it was pretty good. We added some of my roommate's mom's REAL green homemade chile to give the sauce some good spice. The green chile I got at fresh and easy was very mild and I need some spicy heat in my food! Anyway, pretty much followed the directions given, but instead of using flour tortillas we used corn and layered them instead of rolling, we were hungry and too lazy to roll and stuff them in the traditional way. They turned out pretty delicious :-) I would definitely make these again. Enjoy it if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment