Thursday, February 10, 2011

Banana-Walnut Oatmeal ... YUM!

So I love oatmeal and I found this recipe on eatingwell.com. Just something to make it more tasty and different from regular oatmeal with brown sugar, which is what I usually do. I'm not a big fan of those instant oatmeal packets that are already flavored. If I want strawberries or blueberries or bananas in my oatmeal I want them fresh! :-) This takes less than 10 minutes to make. No sugar added because the ripe banana and in my case honey (instead of maple syrup) give it a natural sweetness ... Here is the link to the Banana-Walnut Oatmeal recipe ... OH! and I used pecans because that's what I had on hand, I think slivered almonds would work too! You can always mix it up ... the website has a ton of other yummy recipes and they're pretty healthy too ... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment