Friday, March 25, 2011

Foodie Friday

I think Fridays will be about food ... I'll either post recipes I've made, want to try, food my friends and family make, or delicious food in restaurants :-) So today I'm going to post a recipe of a vegetarian lasagna. It's not completely vegan because I used real cheese (there's no way I could ever give up cheese), but I did use faux ground beef by Morning Star. I'm not really a vegetarian, I do like meat, but I just don't eat it very often. My mom has been a vegetarian for a long time now and a lot of what she makes and uses has rubbed off on me, which I don't mind because its actually pretty delicious and it's healthier :-) So here's the recipe and some pics ... and also a link to the recipe from Morningstar Farms ... it has some more information with nutrition facts if you're interested.

Ingredients

1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced Italian style tomatoes
1 jar (14 oz.) spaghetti sauce
8 ounces MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters™ Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™
8 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
16 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Directions

1. Combine tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, and MORNINGSTAR FARMS Burger Style Recipe Crumbles in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.

2. Spread 1/3 of tomato mixture in bottom of 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Arrange 1/2 of the uncooked noodles over the sauce. Spread 1/2 the cottage cheese over the noodles. Top with another 1/3 of the sauce. Repeat using remaining noodles, cottage cheese, and sauce. Cover with aluminum foil.

3. Bake at 350° F for 50 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Return to oven uncovered for 5 minutes to melt cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes, sprinkle with parsley and serve.

Oops I posted without the pics ... here they are, my bad!





**Hope you get a chance to try it, Enjoy!**

7 comments:

  1. Cheese, sauce, pasta, "meat". OH man, that looks delicious. How can you go wrong??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i took out any healthy components it had with all that cheese i added, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ev. I just stumbled across your blog. amazing. Foodie friday is brilliant. I can't wait to read more receipts. I'm watching the next great restaurant and I'm totally in the cooking mood. lol. So glad I found your blog. I'm totally following now, I hope you will to. Check out my blog for multiple updates daily on all things celebrity fashion from an LA stylist. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, I really have to try this, it looks so yummy yummy!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I double checked your Foodie Friday email and was shocked that you didn't add a pic! It was torture reading the recipe and then not seeing the cheesy goodness! lol I've started to take the meatless route tambien, so thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete