Friday, April 1, 2011

Foodie Friday - Starring Feta Cheese!

I had the best feta cheese sandwich from a Cuban bakery called Portos. It's really popular in So. Cal. They are famous for their pastries and cakes, which are always delicious! I never used to like Feta cheese, I used to think it smelled like feet :-/ LOL ... but now I love it!

So the sandwich consisted of feta cheese, fresh basil, vine ripened tomatoes, olive oil, Italian dressing, and red onions, on a baguette (YUM!). I think it would be pretty simple to recreate at home, but I have yet to try it ... Hope some of you try it!






2 comments:

  1. There is nothing quite like a sandwich. This looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delish. ever since i worked on a sargento commercial i have become obsessed with cheese. especially the strong ones. my kids and i could eat gran padana by the wheel.

    ReplyDelete