Tuesday, April 12, 2011

LA's Prom Closet/Beauty on a Budget!

This past weekend my BFF and I volunteered for an organization called LA's Prom Closet. This organization helps underprivileged girls with everything they need for prom. They get a dress, shoes, accessories and get to attend workshops throughout the day. My friend and I were fortunate to participate in this event and hopefully provide some useful tips to these girls for their prom day. Our workshop was called 'Prom Beauty on a Budget'. We gathered all the drugstore make we had and even got a few extra things we didn't have. We wanted to show these girls that you do not need to use expensive department store brands to look good :-) Some of the brands we used were E.L.F., Rimmel, Milani, Maybelline, Loreal, NYX, Wet n' Wild, and AVON.

We had some eyeshadow application diagrams and a list of simple steps. We got to demonstrate on a few of the girls but we couldn't take pictures because the media was also there and not all the girls had permission from their parents to get photographed.

Oh well, Here are some pictures of our workshop table:



Me and my BFF Dee

This is what I used on my face: Maybelline FIT me! Foundation #310,
Rimmel Smokey Noir palette #001,
Rimmel Lipstick in Dreamy #140 and lipliner In Tiramisu #050,
and a NYX blush in Terra Cotta


I was already a fan of NYX, but all these other brands are great too! The Rimmel palette only had one color that was useless (the lightest color). I loved the lipstick and lipliner! And now I'm a fan of Maybelline foundation. It has a good amount of coverage and doesn't feel heavy. So it was a win-win day. I got to help others and try new products that will now be on my favorites list :-)

10 comments:

  1. That is fantastic you guys got to help out those girls! So amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for volunteer work and drugstore makeup!! Win, win indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! and yes you are right, you don't have to use expensive makeup to look good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. u&ur BFF look amazing..its very nice&kind of you to help those girls.I bet the had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooo nice. You looked great too. It's all about the girl if she has the confidence she can make a few bucks look like thousands. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great cause! Good job Ev & Dee!!! You girls look beautiful, and I'm sure you helped make a lot of girls beautiful that night too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the lovely comments ladies :-) It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have something like that here I should see if they need some help with the "makeup" area! You both look beautiful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome idea! Great job LA Prom Closet! Yall are rockin it!!

    Keri aka The Austin Fairy Godmother

    ReplyDelete
  10. Proud of u 2!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete