Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Purple Rain, Purple Rain!


So I'm officially done with the semester and am now getting prepared for the graduation ceremony. So many things to do! Look for a dress, shoes, clean my house for my mom's visit, etc. Can't wait! This past weekend I was finally able to have a bit of fun, and I went to go see Prince in concert! He didn't play all the songs I wanted, but he did play some good hits, and overall he puts on a great show!! Even Sheila E came out and performed her hit 'Glamorous' ... it was great!

I didn't do much with my eye makeup, but I did want to do a bold lip. Here's a general description of what I used:

Eyes: MAC Amber Lights (wash over my eyelids)

Cheeks: Benefit Hollywood Glo (Rediscovered this in my stash, and I love it! pic doesn't really do it justice :-/ )

Lips: NYX Lip liner in Purple Rain (I had to use it! ha!)
MAC lipstick in Violetta
MAC Venomous Villians Lipgloss in Sweet Revenge (Maleficent)


I plan to do some looks based on some Prince songs, can't wait (I know I'm lame) ... Raspberry Beret, Computer Blue, Little Red Corvette ... coming soon! :-D

P.S. My friend's makeup looked great as well, she's also a makeup hoarder! I don't know the specifics of her eye makeup but she did use MAC lipstick in Morange, and some teal color as her bottom liner ...

Thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

  1. congrats on finishing your semester. Love that u went for the purple rain lip theme for seeing prince, thats the kind of thing I would do hah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morange looks great! You also did a fabulous job with your makeup love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing your semester hn,U &ur friend lok amazing.love ur lip colours=gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple Rain is SOOOOOOOO gorgeous on your lips!!! It's making me want to get the lipstick now!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, your makeup looks sooo pretty! Gorgeous girls!

    I buy the aloe vera drink from Asian supermarkets. It tastes surprisingly good. I think they add a little bit of natural sweeteners. But just a little. =)

    goodbadnfab.blospot.com
    style and musings of a LA fashion lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your eye make up!! :) You look gorgeous

    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats :) Love this pic so pretty :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. you both look beautiful!! I just came across your blog super cute love it :)

    ReplyDelete