Thursday, June 9, 2011

Don't Take My Word For It ;-)


Yes I stole that line from Reading Rainbow :-) I used to watch it all the time when I was little, I was a little Mexican nerd. Anyway, one of my other favorite things to do besides play with makeup and eat, is read. I'm so happy that school is done and I don't have to read textbooks anymore, I get to read for fun! I'm currently reading two books. I usually read one at a time, but there are so many books I want to read I thought I'd try alternating days ... Here are the books I'm reading:

I watched the movie first and I loved it, I <3 James McAvoy! I'm almost halfway through the book and of course it is much more detailed, so far so good :-)


I had heard for quite some time that this is a good book, and so far I'm on Chapter 8. It's a sci-fi story that takes place in the future of the U.S. I'm hooked so far on this one too! It's
currently being made into a movie so I wanted to get a head start before it comes out, there's two other books!


I generally don't stick to one genre when I read, but I do tend to stick to fiction. Some of my favorites that I've read are:

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The Help by Kathryn Sockett
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
Choke by Chuck Palahniuk (He's so weird, I love it)

What are some of your favorite books??

7 comments:

  1. "Butterfly in the sky...I can fly twice as Highhhhh" aha I loved that show growing up as a kid too...I have to read some of these books they look very interesting. I was just about to do a post on a book that I recently finished reading its pretty good. Might I reccomend a few of my favz...

    Chariots Of The Gods - Eric VonDanniken
    Memoirs of a Geisha

    Have a great rest of the week babez..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a book worm and proud of it! I watched Reading Rainbow too :) and I loved My Sister's Keeper. So sad. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hekela LOL i miss that song on weekdays afternoons! and i so want to read Memoirs of a Geisha, the movie was so good!

    @Ms.Prettyful Girl/Lisa I'd read all day if I could! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man, Reading Rainbow brings me back. LOL im mad Hekela over there recited that song! She actually got me started on Yakuza Moon (pretty good so far).

    Check out "Waiting" by Ha Jin - it drags a bit in the beginning, but the story overall is really good IMO.

    I've always been a fan of The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons, and The Joy Luck Club.

    And I'm not gonna lie... I've always loved the Babysitters Club books LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Thelipjunkie I love the Dan Brown books, so suspenseful!... i remember reading the babysitters club, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Random fact both me and james mcvoy grew up in drumchapel on the same street but as he is older than me I cant say I know him :( aww sucks I'll get you some boots goodies if you still want to go ahead with the swap :)? xx

    ReplyDelete