Friday, June 24, 2011

Grilled Eggplant


I think this is a super easy recipe for a vegetarian, or for someone trying to include more veggies in their life :-) Get a medium eggplant, cut slices about 1/2 inch thick or thinner if you'd like. Drizzle each slice with olive oil.

For the breadcrumbs on top (for some crunchy texture), I mixed Italian breadcrumbs, shaved parmesan cheese, parsley and some finely chopped garlic. Just mix it all together.

Heat and cook the eggplants on each side for about 2 minutes, sprinkle the breadcrumbs on one side and kind of pat them down so they stick, add more olive oil if necessary (I didn't do the eggs, flour, breadcrumb thing, it takes to long and is a bit messy). Flip it over so the crumbs can toast, then add more breadcrumbs on the other side with the same method. I kind of just invented as I went because we had to eat the eggplant before it went bad and I had leftover breadcrumb mixture, so some of the crumbs are bound to come off when you flip. They did come out delicious though, with a salad on the side (any kind you like :-)

12 comments:

  1. yum! i don't normally love eggplant, but this sounds yummy. sort of like a healthy eggplant parm! (i first typed perm instead of parm...gross)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I love eggplant and I cook them in a similar fashion, but now I need to try them with breadcrumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, as a veggie, I'm always looking for delicious new recipes to try so thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post,thanx for sharing e recpe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you've just made me so hungry!
    I have some eggplant growing in my garden, definitely gonna try this recipe out when they're ready to harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soo hungry now!! and this look delicious and easy to make!! thanks for sharing =]

    http://thisisalx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh! looks delish! will try this too! thanks for sharing! following you now. :)

    -Iryn
    www.my-catwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Btw... I tag you on an award =] (http://thisisalx.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-award-and-mail.html)

    Alx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love eggplants. Def. going to try this. Nice bloggie =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummmmm i LOVE egg plants! they don't look too great usually buy once you eat them they're AMAZING! thank you so much for the recipe will definitely be making some now!

    ReplyDelete