Friday, June 17, 2011

Mexican Sopes



Pronounced 'so-pez', these are one of my favorite things to eat. My mom usually makes them from scratch, but this last time she came to visit we bought some already made ones from the market and just fried them a little. Still good, but not as much as her homemade ones. We added beans, cheese (queso fresco/fresh Mexican cheese), lettuce, sour cream, and salsa. Most people add meat or chicken, so whatever you like best. I can't tell you step for step how to make them as I still haven't officially mastered how to do it :-( I'm used to just being my mom assistant when she makes these. BUT click here for a recipe I found online that looks pretty authentic.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. OH GAWD, I'm so hungry now!!

    BTW, I gave you an award! Check it out here:http://widdlesh.blogspot.com/2011/06/so-many-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Looove Sopes....i like it with chicken...yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. mm mexican food is my favv.... i always eat out though because I can never be bothered with all the ingredients :P great blog btw .. i just came across it

    ReplyDelete