Thursday, June 30, 2011

NYX Matte Lip Cream and Mega Shine Gloss Review

I've seen lots of reviews and swatches for the Matte Lip Creams and I really wanted to try them. I had read on another blog that they are pretty drying but I just wanted to see for myself, and yes its true :-( I wore Antwerp the other day and although it applied really smooth, my lips started to feel dry after about 10 - 15 minutes. I applied some gloss that I had in my bag so that it wouldn't look so cracked, but you kind of have to keep reapplying. The color also seems to be somewhat of a lip stain. Which can be good or bad depending if you like that kind of thing, I didn't mind it because even though I ate my morning yogurt and banana the color was still there. So I guess the pros of the lip creams would be the smooth application and the lasting color, but the con would definitely be the drying of your lips. I'm determined to wear the lip creams because I love the colors, so I'm going to attempt to maybe try them with a creamy lipstick under or lip balm and see what happens.

As far as the Mega Shine Glosses go, I love them. The Natural color would look great with other nude lipsticks and the Juicy Red color is almost clear but has a tiny hint of a pinkish red, pretty similar to my Urban Decay XXX Gloss in Guys <3 Betsey.


L to R: Matte Lip Creams in Amsterdamn and Antwerp,
Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Natural, and Juicy Red

Matte Lip Cream: AmsterdamMatte Lip Cream: Antwerp

Mega Shine Gloss: Natural

Mega Shine Gloss: Juicy Red

13 comments:

  1. Great post! Nice pics too! I haven't tried the Matte Lip Creams yet but I'm afraid too because a lot of lip products make my lips flake and peel. Not pretty. But I love the Mega Shine Glosses. I have 4, I believe, and Natural is one of them. But I'm really liking the Amsterdam color. It's really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lip creams look so pretty! Too bad they're drying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review honey,thanx for swatches apart from the drying part the colours are gorgeous I want them all lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ick, I hate dry lips, but I love the matte shades they offer :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love their Mega Shine Lipglosses, they are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that last one! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love NYX!!! I love what you got, some of my favorite products from them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. amsterdamn looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for all the comments ladies ... i do love all the colors, i hope to use them often, even if they do dry my lips a bit! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love these glosses!! especially the 1st two <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love NYX!! Can't wait to try the lip creams :) Great blog btw!!

    http://fixyourfacemakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete