Friday, July 1, 2011

TRU BLOOD

From Sookie Stackhouse novels, to True Blood on HBO and now a makeup palette by Tarte Cosmetics! I Love it!



My friend kept telling me to read the books but I refused because I was such a Twi-tard (Twilight nerd). Anyway, I finally gave in and now I think I have to admit that it is much better than Twilight (there I said it). Twilight is more of a sweet, over the top love story, and the Sookie Stackhouse novels are more R rated and have a lot more going on. If you're a nerd like me and like vampire novels I definitely recommend the series, I'm only up to the fourth book, and there about 10! I have yet to read Anne Rice's novels on Vampire Lestat (AKA Interview with the Vampire).


Moving on, the first season of True Blood was really good, I loved how they stuck to most of the book details. However, the second season got a little lame and they made some big changes to the story, but I still watched of course. Up until now I think its gotten better, but there are still some changes that I don't like. However, they make up for it with all the hot actors! :-D




And last but not least, there's a makeup palette inspired by the show! When I heard about this I was so excited, I'm such a sucker for stuff like this. Although I must say that the make-up they tried to sell for the Twilight series seemed to be a big dud, and didn't catch my attention, it was pretty but not worth it. This however is 17 pretty big shadows, a mini primer, mascara, and liner for about 57 bucks with tax, I think that's a great deal! Am I crazy? I couldn't bring myself to spend 50 bucks on the Urban Decay Naked palette, but this palette is a must for any real True Blood fan :-)

I know there's already been quite a few posts on this so I'll just attach some links to other bloggers' post about it, here are some good ones:


Makeup Monster

My Pinktastic Life

Unnaturally Beautiful

I'll be using it this weekend so I'll be posting some looks next week. Stay Tuned! And have a great long 4th of July weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I love the packaging but not a fan of the show so I'm passing on this palette ;[

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes the packaging is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging and palette looks great, but I dunno 57 bucks?? Do I really need it is the question. lol..I never watched the show, I want to watch but insist on watchin it from beginning to end, and not in the middle.lol The book series sounds great, I may pic one up to see how I like them since Ima a TwiTard as well:) aha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO want that palette! :) I couldn't pay that much though

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want the palette,great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with everyone else I want that palette! Almost as much as I want Eric haha sooooo hot! and his voice....argh haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love love love Your Blog!!! Here's An Award!! XOXO

    http://kittyvixen85.blogspot.com/2011/07/butterfly-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg! i love true blood.... amazing!!

    Danniella

    ReplyDelete