Tuesday, February 5, 2013

NEW Stila Color Balm Lipstick - Gemma

I haven't bought a new lipstick in a while (at least that's what I like to tell myself), I don't want to admit that my makeup buying addiction is slowly returning.  Usually I just chant to myself that I don't need it, and that usually works.  However, I had to recently buy a new Stila tinted moisturizer and while browsing on their website I saw they had a new kind of lipstick called Color Balm Lipstick.  Its described as a lipstick and lip balm in one! Sounds great being that I suffer from chapped lips all the time!  

I didn't wear this shade for a full day, I was just playing with it.  As soon as I opened it I realized that MAC Violetta is almost identical to it! I considered returning it, but I'm sure I'm not the only girl guilty of owning different brands of the same lipstick shade, right?!  See below for more details :-)

MAC Violetta on the Left, Stila Gemma on the Right


The Stila lipstick has a cute little mirror on the top, which is great if you don't usually have a mirror in your purse, or happen to find yourself in a place without mirrors :-D

MAC Violetta on the bottom and Stila's Gemma on the top.  MAC Violetta is a bit more purple, and the Stila color has a bit more pink/fushcia tones to it.  Another difference is that it definitely goes on more sheer than Violetta.


In the picture above and below I am wearing Stila's Gemma with NYX lipliner in Purple Rain (Yes, I bought the lipliner a few years back just because of the name.  Who doesn't love Purple Rain?) 



I thought it would be fun to test it out with a different color, so below I mixed Stila's Gemma with NYX lipliner in Plush Red.  It looks more berry colored when mixed with a reddish liner.  I like it!



(Pardon my Kevin Bacon nose ;-)

What do you think?  Purple liner or Red shaded liner? Can you see the difference?

Please comment, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear very nice blog! fantastic post :) I follow you with pleasure, your new follower;) you expect from me!

    http://teanonsolomoda.blogspot.it/

    Kiss Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock it... violet has never looked prettier!
    Lily
    http://lilyseymour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete